I have decided that I am getting grumpier as I get older. I take my little girls to choir very early in the morning on choir days at their school. The school has a rule that we are only to drop and pick up kids in the drop-off/pick-up zone. Well, the doors to the choir room are not close to the drop-off zone. ESPECIALLY in the WINter when it is hardly light and the temp feels like the frozen tundra of SIBERIA!!! Of course, like all schools, there are those ...MORon parents that believe that the rules are for everyone but them and their darling perfect children. Yooou know who they are....the same parents that when they DO use the drop off zone, they stop and let out their darling perfect children off on the WRONG side of the drop off that is only supposed to be used as the driving through side because they think that we ,who are behind them, love to wait and watch their darling perfect children slowly get out of their vehicles. Or perhaps they believe that it is below them to wait in line like the rest of us to drop off their darling perfect children. Or maybe they are celebrities...I do not know. Anyway, I am taking this poem that I just wrote to the school today and thought perhaps you might like to read it just in case you need it to take to YOUR school some day. :)
OVER THE ICE CHUNKS AND THROUGH THE COLD
TO SANDBURG CHOIR WE GO.
WITH COATS ALMOST ON, AS THE ENGINE I GUN,
WITH WALMART BAGS IN TOW. (WALMARTS RECYCLING SCHOOL PROGRAM THING)
OVER THE ICE CHUNKS AND THROUGH THE SNOW
WE'RE LATE FOR CHOIR ONCE MORE.
BUT WE CHOOSE THE RIGHT, AT THE DROP-OFF SITE,
AS OTHERS ZIP PASS TO THE DOOR.
SO, WHO'S THE RULE FOR? RED CARS OR BLUE?
WHAT KIND DO I HAVE TO OWN?
I'M QUITE TIRED OF WATCHING KIDS, HOP OUT AND SKIP,
AS MINE QUIETLY TRUDGE THROUGH THE SNOW.
SO, WHERE DO I SIGN? WHAT PRICE DO I PAY?
TO DROP POPSICLES CLOSE TO THE DOOR?
COZ, IF YOU SHRUNK A FEW FEET, DRAGGED A PACK THROUGH THE SLEET,
THE SHORT WALK WOULD TURN INTO MUCH MORE!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Pretty cute. I can just see little Abby trying to get through the snow. Like Johnny with his paper route in McGill. :) Hope the poem helps the situation. I'm sure all you moms have had similar experiences taking children to school. It's so good to have you contributing. I just wish everyone did. I love it!
I hear you Venita. The week before Christmas I was following a mom who was driving like a lunatic because she was talking on her cell phone AND hold a cup of coffee. I don't know, somehow I feel that she shouldn't even be allowed to pull in the schools lot if she is paying so little attention.
great poem Venita, so did they post it for all to read?
Post a Comment